The Fellows and their Research Projects
The group emerged from the selection process in Hannover in July 2016. The international expert committee concluded that 10 shortlisted candidates be awarded the fellowship grant, and one candidate was awarded an extension phase of his senior fellowship grant. The fellows are listed in alphabetical order of their last name.
- Dr Wazi Apoh: "The Archeology of German Colonial Heritages in Ghana: Repacking Shared Relics..."
- Dr Pastory Bushozi: "Evolving Human Minds, Behavior and Subsistence during the Middle to Upper Pleistozene in Tanzania."
- Dr Meron Eresso: "Movements on Hold? A Study of Ethiopian Female Transit Migrants in Djibouti."
- Dr Zaheera Jinnah: "Shifting Families: Interrogating Notions of 'Family' in a Context of Contemporary African Migration and diverse Urban Spaces..."
- Dr Obvious Katsaura: "Networked Religiocities: Transnational Urban Religious Flows in Africa."
- Dr Edwinus Lyaya: "Metals and African Societies in Lake Tanganyika-Nyasa Countries: Exploring Iron and Copper Production..."
- Dr Elinaza Mjema: "Investigating the Archeology of Colonial Encounters on the Tanzanian Coast from 16th to 19th Centuries AD."
- Dr Joseph Mujere: "Migration, Community Formation and Belonging in Informal Settlements around Rustenburg Platinum Mines, South Africa..."
- Dr Saudah Namyalo: "A Comprehensive Bilingual Talking Luruuli/Lunyara - English Dictionary with a Descriptive Basic Grammar for Language Revitalisation..."
- Dr Plan Shenjere-Nyabezi: "The Past in the Present: The Zimbabwe Culture and other Archeological Heritage in north-western Zimbabwe."
- Dr Halkano Wario: "Jihad for All? Religious Knowledge, Counter-Narrativity and De-Radicalisation Strategies in Kenya."